[Community-Discuss] IPv6 in Zimbabwe

Paul McMaster paulm at faircape.co.za
Thu Sep 29 07:24:29 UTC 2016

+1 well done. It is nice to see the IPv6 traffic generally staying in our
region.

On 29 September 2016 at 07:09, Andrew Alston <
Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> So, let another exciting announcement – I apologize for the cross posting
> to both lists but I figured there were aspects of interest in both forums
> in what follows.
>

> Yesterday we turned up IPv6 on our consumer products in Zimbabwe.  There
> are now in excess of 10 thousand FTTH users in Zimbabwe with active, live,
> native IPv6 – and they are actively using it.  This was the next phase
> after our smaller rollout in Kenya done a few weeks ago.
>

> We crossed the 1.5gigabit/second of consumer v6 traffic last night in that
> particular location – and even more exciting, more than 70% of that traffic
> was sourced from CDN nodes and African peering – it did NOT come via long
> distance international links from Europe.
>

> On the AFRINIC side – we followed the policy and registered each and every
> static customer assignment in the whois database – it held up well as we
> sent a bulk update with close to 15 thousand /48 assignments in a single
> update – my congrats to the AfriNIC team because that was one hell of a
> long update to process in one go.
>

> So, with that said, others talk about being IPv6 ready – we can now
> proudly say we have gone from being IPv6 ready to being truly IPv6 active.
>

> I expect the google stats and apnic stats will probably update in the next
> 2 or 3 days and it will be curious to see what shows up.  Let’s wait and
> see as the updates happen.
>

> Thanks
>

> Andrew

<https://www.faircom.co.za/residential.html>
<http://www.faircapeleasing.co.za/>
Paul McMaster
IT Manager
Direct: (021) 815 5792 | Switchboard: (021) 815 5700
paulm at faircape.co.za

*Please, in the interests of security, be advised that, Faircape will never
send you an e-mail advising you of a change of our banking details.Such
emails could be an attempt to defraud you by asking you to make payment to
a fraudulent bank account. Do not act on such an email, please contact the
writer immediately.*

Committed to a superior customer experience
MANAGEMENT SERVICES | SURVEILLANCE SERVICES | UTILITY MANAGEMENT & ENERGY
SOLUTIONS | SALES & LEASING | COMMUNICATIONS | FAIRCARE TRUST

--

The integrity of e-mails sent across the Internet cannot be guaranteed and
messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk. The recipient should

The information contained in this email is confidential and may contain
proprietary and/or personal information. It is meant solely for the
intended recipient. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If
you are not the intended recipient, any processing of the email or the
information contained therein (including disclosure, copying, distribution,
storage) or any action taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. No liability or responsibility is accepted if
information or data is, for whatever reason corrupted or does not reach its
intended recipient. No warranty is given that this email is free of
viruses.