[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Dewole Ajao dewole at tinitop.com
Wed Sep 28 08:56:11 UTC 2016

It makes sense for a meeting quorum to include online participants since
the point of that option is to ensure that members do not miss out
because of inability to physically attend. On the operational side, a
meeting that fails to meet quorum for whatever reason also means more
resources expended by the organization (and the less than 30 members in
attendance).

Tracking remote participation would however require authentication e.g.
by having members connect to the stream via MyAFRINIC rather than as
guests. And then we will have to agree on what exactly constitutes
meeting attendance... Would it be by... Connection to the stream for at
least 75% of the meeting session? Connection to the stream during
certain critical sessions? Keep-alive comment from remote member every X
minutes so we are sure the remote participant is still an active part of
the discussion?

It requires some thought.

Dewole.