[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Wed Sep 28 06:58:48 UTC 2016

> On 26 Sep 2016, at 22:00, Alan Barrett <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:
>

>> On 26 Sep 2016, at 18:22, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alan,
>>> The current quorum requirement is 10 members, which is too small, but I think 10% is too large.
>>
>> Perhaps AFRINIC can share with us statistics on member attendance in
>> the past 5 years. We can normalize this data and can use something
>> like the lowest or average number of members present to prescribe a
>> pragmatic number for our quorum requirement.
>
> Sure, I can get those numbers.

Here are the number of votes cast during recent Board elections.  The number of on-site votes gives a good idea of the number of members who attended the meetings.

                2013	2014	2015	2016
E-Votes	        58	59	49	183
On-Site Votes	45	66	77	62
TOTAL      	103	125	126	245

Given these attendance figures, I suggest a quorum requirement of 30 resource members in the future.

Alan