[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Accountability assessment - bylaws changes

Benjamin Eshun benjamin.eshun at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 17:00:56 UTC 2016

Dear Alan,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:52 AM, Alan Barrett <alan.barrett at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> Yes, it’s true that a committee of 5 members cannot include a
> representative from all 6 sub-regions.  I don’t see that as a problem.

I see alot of problems with the practical implementation this.

1. My first problem is which region is to be left out and what happens when
the more than one person come from a particular region.
2.  Will the Board appoint it's members for/from a particular region and
leave the other regions to the community.  In this case which regions will
the rest of the community nominate GC members and which will be done first.
3.  What selection mechanism will be used to  guarantee the regional
diversity.

regards,

Benjamin