[Community-Discuss] IPv4 depletion in AFRINIC will speed up IPv6 adoption - myth or fact?

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Sat Oct 29 15:18:31 UTC 2016

Ø  Yes. the usual story. You only know. Others are either clueless or naive..

Not at all, I’m sure there are plenty of people who may know better than me.  Unfortunately, as of yet, none of them have bothered to provide realistic ways of doing this that contain *detailed* proposals of how this would be accomplished and what the end results are.

See Alain, the difference here, I ask for hard facts and data – and when I’m asked for such I provide it – but I will not accept vague positions and unsubstantiated nonsense as the grounds for implementing a policy.

a.)    No one has yet proposed how these audits are meant to be realistically done beyond looking at the routing tables

b.)    No one has proposed where the resources to do these audits are meant to come from

c.)    No one has addressed the MASSIVE potential for abuse of this policy

d.)    No one has addressed the fact that if an audit is needed – then the original documentation is in question – and at that point you are by the very nature of requesting the audit saying the hostmasters didn’t do their jobs when verifying the application in the first place – and if you want to make implications like that – you need evidence.

I am sick and tired of vague statements, vague insinuations, vague claims that everyone is stealing the space and taking it elsewhere, vague claims that presentations that report on one thing some how are actually reporting on other issues they don’t ever reference.

Come with real data – real facts – real figures – and then let’s have this discussion.

Andrew