[Community-Discuss] Let's chat about unannounced v6 space!

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Mon Oct 17 16:09:47 UTC 2016

On 16 Oct 2016, at 10:56, Andrew Alston wrote:

> Just as another note –
>
> I am also working on something that will take the rest of the
> allocated prefixes (the ones that are announced), and tie them back to
> the originating ASN

hi andrew,

doesn’t afrinic do this already (they used to, with the AIRRS report,
but i haven’t looked in a long time).

that said, it’s always nice to see initiative, and perhaps you can do
something new, so, by way of assistance, i offer:
* since you’re doing this from one “full-view”, do you need
another?
* i can assist you quite easily with identifying the IXP peering
prefixes, if you’d like  (i.e those that should not be visible.  for
bonus points, perhaps you can flag those, that should *not* be, but are
;-))

—n.