[Community-Discuss] IPv6 Chapter 254

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Oct 13 18:09:56 UTC 2016

I certainly support modifying this provision at this point.

I think that the idea that “innovation” will occur (or should be encouraged) in IPv4 at this point is counterproductive at best.

I’ve always felt that 5.4.7.2 was at best a harmless and useless provision unlikely to ever be used and at worst a misleading pipe dream that the life of IPv4 can somehow be artificially extended by the AfriNIC board.

In terms of 5.4.7.1, I would support a proposal to return that /12 to the general free pool.

Owen