[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Accountability assessment - bylaws changes

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Oct 4 20:01:38 UTC 2016

On 04/10/2016 21:15, Arnaud AMELINA wrote:
> Would you please announce these new criteria of "useful skills" for
> prospective candidates and community to know?

I'd like to see a cross section of skills. That would include:

  * Technical (with respect to AFRINIC)
  * Law
  * Financial
  * Human Resource
  * Management/Board

There is nothing new about wanting these skills though. I was hoping
common sense would prevail.

> I suspect you must have
> some that you are using to find the suitable female candidates from each
> of the six afrinic regions.

Generally, if a woman is even moderately successful in the Internet
industry - she's probably got the skills we are looking for.

> How are you convincing people to nominate if they don't know the skills
> and expertise you need?

Personally - I hope they read the "job description" and are intelligent
enough to decide whether they would be useful or not.

> How balanced shall the gc be in terms of expertise?

That ultimately depends on whom is voted in by the membership.