[Community-Discuss] Accountability assessment - quorum

Boubakar Barry boubakarbarry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:44:00 UTC 2016

In many countries, and not only in Africa, people buy votes and/or vote
differently than instructed.

By limiting the number of proxies one can carry, we won't eliminate this
risk, but we would at least reduce it.

I don't understand the logic whereby somebody trusts a third party more
than him/herself? What is the electronic voting facility for?

Yes, I know some will say everybody should be given the right to vote the
way he/she wants (paper ballot paper onsite, electronic voting or proxy).
No problem with that.

But let's limit the risks by limiting the number of proxies one eligible
voter can carry. There were good reasons for putting the limit.

Boubakar