[Community-Discuss] Successful IANA transition

Evelyn Namara evelyngeek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 08:42:03 UTC 2016

I would like to add my voice and congratulate the entire Internet community
for this spectacular achievement!

#YestoIANA

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 11:20 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great news to hear on a day like this! Congratulation to everyone that
> contributed towards making this a reality, congratulations to the entire
> Internet community.
>
> Happy new month, happy independence to ICANN and to all Nigerians here ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Sent from my LG G4
> Kindly excuse brevity and typos
>
> On 1 Oct 2016 5:09 a.m., "Alan Barrett" <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear AFRINIC community,
>>
>> It’s now a few minutes after midnight in Washington, DC.  The IANA
>> contract between NTIA and ICANN has expired.
>>
>> ICANN is now performing the IANA Numbering Services (assigning IP
>> addresses and ASNs to RIRs, and some related tasks) in terms of a contract
>> between the RIRs and ICANN, instead of in terms of a contract between the
>> NTIA and ICANN.  ICANN asked for permission to sub-contract the IANA
>> Numbering Services to PTI, and the RIRs consented, so the IANA functions
>> will actually be performed by PTI, although ICANN remains responsible.
>>
>> Apart from announcements and press releases, you will probably not notice
>> much difference.
>>
>> Alan Barrett

Evelyn Namara | T: +256 754 440893 | E: enamara at riseup.net | Twitter:
@enamara <http://www.twitter.com/enamara> | Skype: enamara

PGP: B94D 3950 38D6 914A E054 D6C5 E82E 0F66 DC01 E30D