[Community-Discuss] Regular updates on Number Resource Applications and Approvals

Dewole Ajao dewole at tinitop.com
Mon Nov 7 14:29:12 UTC 2016

Dear Community,

I was wondering if anyone else thinks it would be useful to see
weekly/daily details (in human readable format) of new applications and
approvals for Internet number resources perhaps as a weekly/daily email
from AFRINIC to this (or the members) list.

Given increased depletion rates, I think having these details in
(almost) real-time will increase the community's awareness rather than
rely solely on the biannual statistical updates (which in any case do
not contain details of who is making attempts to acquire number
resources). I think the Org Name, Country, Type and size of resource
requested/approved would be even more useful than the resource type/size
and country data already available in delegation stats at
ftp://ftp.afrinic.net/pub/stats/afrinic/

This would be purely operational and a community value addition so it
should not require a new policy, right?

Regards,

Dewole Ajao.
(in my capacity as a community member)