[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] AFRINIC Board Representative to the NRO NC/ASO AC

abel ELITCHA kmw.elitcha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 20:49:08 UTC 2016

Hello,

I was in the  room in Gaborone  and follow the pre voting  discussions as
well as the votes  results. It is a bit weird  that  the board appoints a
candidate who has served *two terms* in the position and  was voted out for
the *same* mandate. It weakens  the system like all forms of inbreeding. It
is like a board vs community.
I also don't think this recycling  is healthy  for our emerging community.

Thank you.

--Abel

> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > @Muthili,
> >
> > ..rejection?
> >
> > I do not remember AfriNIC elections being held  to reject anyone. The
> vote
> > is always held to elect not reject candidates who have shown the
> willingness
> > to serve on volunteer basis.
>
> A vote is held to elect. You may sugarcoat anyway you want but the one
> not elected got rejected. Or refused or ignored whatever word you
> please. And there usually are reasons why someone gets voted in, and
> why someone else doesn't. That is why there was a vote.
>
> > Not winning is not the same as being rejected.
>
> Of course it is the same if there was a vote.
>
> > Last time I checked very
> > useful members of community were not elected in the recent past but
> continue
> > to engage positively.
>
> Without a doubt.
>
> > Alain A, Badru, Paulos  never made it back to the Board.  I did not know
> > that, that meant community had rejected them.
>
> Of course it means members rejected them.
>
> > Maybe  we change our bylaws to
> > reflect this new reasoning?
>
> If the community voted Fiona out of a role, this was obvious they did
> not want her in.
>
> If board on the other hand have reinstated her to the same role that
> the community did not want her in, interpret it the way you wish but
> this is a sign of something not right on the board part. In the 50
> something countries on our continent, nobody else, other than a person
> voted out, could come in to serve the same role?

Best regards,

--Komi A. Elitcha