[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Accountability assessment

Andrew Alston Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com
Wed Jun 29 15:46:07 UTC 2016

Hi Badru,

If you read my email carefully, you will see that I am not stating that I am not open to coming to an amicable position, infact I clearly stated which parts of this I would support and even offered a compromise on the parts I said I would vote against, stating that I would support a limit on the number of individuals from a single company.

Let us be clear here, if people are not prepared to CLEARLY state what they will not support we could easily end up in a situation where nothing gets passed at all because of the very high bar necessary to pass a bylaw change.  Getting a 75% majority is no small feat, and to do that, we need to understand each other and what our points of compromise are, and what points are deal breakers.  This is in my view, almost like a negotiation, we debate, we find points of compromise, and we also have points that are deal breakers in terms of how we will vote.  We need to clearly understand what is a point we’ll shift on and what are points that are complete deal breakers where there will be no affirmative vote if the point doesn’t change.  That’s standard negotiation 101

Andrew