[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Accountability assessment

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Tue Jun 28 18:17:49 UTC 2016

On 28 Jun 2016 16:25, "Omo Oaiya" <Omo.Oaiya at wacren.net> wrote:

> Proposal :  One term and at least an election before another nomination

+1 to this suggestion as one term limit would give other capable members of
the community the opportunity to serve.

of Directors who may work for the same organisation.

+1 as we need to make sure we avoid the capture of the organisation by an
entity. No single company nepotism should be tolerated.

> We need to keep refreshing the board with independence, expertise and
skills so a better managed succession process is a must.  I propose with
the exclusion of the CEO that we have

> -  Max 1 per org/company
> -  Max 1 per country
>  - Max 2  per region

The non regional representation needs to be revisited if some of this
occurances of 2 aspiring candidates from same country keep happening.

This year 2 nominated candidates from the same country were elected to the
board  as directors and i believe this has happened before and ought to be
avoided if we are to really champion spirit of diversity.

>  - not more than two Directors may be domiciled in the same region.

Yes and in agreement and the above should be highly considered.

New bylawys should somehow give nomcom guidance on how to avoid slating 2
individuals for nomination from same organisation or same country...

SPIRIT OF DIVERSITY...

This continent is not one country or 3 countries or one company.

Noah