[Community-Discuss] Resolution 201604.274 about Set-Up fees
sfolayan at skannet.com
Tue Jun 28 13:05:41 UTC 2016
Dear Members and others in the Community,
1. The Board has always been responsible for setting the fees. “Review” includes the right to change the fees.
2. The problem being addressed is that every allocation or assignment event requires effort from staff, and it is not fair for that effort to sometimes be undertaken free of charge.
3. AFRINIC requires more revenue, not less.
4. If the proposed charging scheme had been in place during 2015, then income from allocation and assignment fees would have been about USD 550k. Actual income from allocation and assignment fees in 2015 was about USD 350k. Therefore, the clarification that allocation or assignment fees are once per allocation or assignment, not once per member, is expected to raise about USD 200k per year.
5. Since it is being introduced in the middle of 2016, the impact on the 2016 revenue is expected to be an additional USD 100k.
Best Regards ...
Chair, AFRINIC Board
On 26/06/2016 12:17, Marcus K. G. Adomey wrote:
> Dear Chairman and CEO of AfriNIC,
> The Bylaw states in the article 4.2 that “The fees mentioned in
> Article 4.1 above shall be subject to review from time to time by the
> Board.” The important. Word which I am interested in is REVIEW. The
> board is supposed to review, yet the Board has unilaterally validated
> the FEES as it is stated on the website
> The community has not been inform and/or involved in any discussion
> and suddenly a “Resolution 201604.274 about Set-Up fees”. This is
> unreasonable because decisions like this ought to be more inclusive
> Is AfriNIC moving away from bottom-up approach to a more top-down?
> This raises some questions
> * What problem are solving?
> * What options have been evaluated?
> * What is the meaning of the membership fees, which increase with my
> category If i have to pay allocations fees anytime i request
> additional resources?
> * Shouldn’t the membership fees be turned to a lower maintenance
> fees at a lower price?
> * Have we done impact analysis?
> * What is the foreseen negative impact on membership and how do we
> mitigate? (Some may not come for additional allocation as they
> have to pay allocation fees plus increase in membership fees.. )
> * What is expected impact on revenue and how we plan to use it?
> Thank you,
> Community-Discuss mailing list
> Community-Discuss at afrinic.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Community-Discuss