[Community-Discuss] post ipv4 depletion frauds, brokers activities

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Jun 26 15:26:32 UTC 2016

On 26 Jun 2016 17:39, "Andrew Alston" <Andrew.Alston at liquidtelecom.com>
wrote:

> Noah is it best practice? Under who's definition?

Best practise urgement was subjective to me.

> I have fundamental problems with the centralization involved in RPKI,
which creates unique security problems in and of itself in my view.

Fair enough as that is at least from your point of view.

> You might wanna ask why there was never consensus in the RIPE region
about rpki and the policy working groups could never get it passed, so ripe
to push RPKI put it through a non standard membership vote which passed by
a very small majority with a large number of abstentions.

Isn't it obvious now.

That the IPv4 market is a multimillion $$$$ venture out there.

> There was never consensus

That is normal where there is a discourse and that is why we are attempting
to discuss the same here as a community.

> Andrew

Noah