[Community-Discuss] Resolution 201604.274 about Set-Up fees

Boubakar Barry boubakarbarry at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:09:49 UTC 2016

Dear All,

I think that what is going on is quite disgusting and not good for AfriNIC.

Permit me to to especially address Owen Delong's behaviour. If he can't
help us solving our problems, he shouldn't add more to them.

Every responsible person who is an observer in any organisation such as
AfriNIC, whatever the openness and inclusiveness are, would reasonably
refrain him/herself from intervening in sensitive internal issues,
especially when it's about governance.

I personally have now the impression that AfriNIC Board and Secretariat
don't exist and/or have outsourced their communication to address issues of
members and the community at large. Or some people have given themselves
this power and role. This is far from being good for AfriNIC and its
leadership.

If Mr. Delong's objective is to support AfriNIC, it would be good for him
to think carefully about when and where to intervene and avoid interfering
too much in AfriNIC internal issues, as many other observers are wisely
doing.

Boubakar