[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Council of Elders

Benjamin Eshun benjamin.eshun at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:59:09 UTC 2016

Dear Alan,

What secrets do we have to hide about how AfriNIC is governed?  Why not provide the minutes without redaction so if it resolves this festering matter once and for all?

It does not makes sense to me and it is clear that there is something to hide.  The board is not able to tell the community what transpired and points fingers at those who would inform us.

I would appreciate it better if the organisation was a private company or had some information that was of some trade secret value.  But AfriNIC is basically a monopoly in the region and cannot have competition from any of the other RIRs.

I'm beginning to see signs of elected officers of a community that unilaterally take decisions and actions without due recourse to the membership that put them there in the first place.

This truly saddens me. Afrinic board meetings should be public.

Benjamin

On Jul 15, 2016, at 5:26 AM, Alan Barrett <alan.barrett at afrinic.net> wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2016, at 02:43, Benjamin Eshun <benjamin.eshun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chair Sunday,
>
> When can we the community have the  transcripts  of the 2014 meetings  as it being after a 1 year, the
> minutes are still not published.  So pls tell us know when we can expect it.

Don’t expect transcripts to be published at all.  The Board has committed to publish minutes, but reserves the right to redact them before publication.  In the case of old minutes that have not yet been published, the process of redaction (to remove information that had never been planned to be published) is ongoing.  I expect it to be done by the end of 2016.

Alan Barrett