[Community-Discuss] [members-discuss] Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 2016 Nominating Committee Announces Selections - unfortunate Africa d

Dr Paulos B Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Wed Aug 31 14:48:55 UTC 2016

Walu, Mike,

Although racial diversity is a well recognised form of diversity, academically or otherwise, that
is not the lever that I want to go down to in this case for ICANN Board Members, I am talking
about regional diversity as defined in the ICANN system as well as in our own Africa Region
Internet institutions

I am not instigating for a quota other than what is already in the bylaws BUT I am asking for
some reasonablenes in aclaimed ICANN diversity which  I do not see in the current NomCom
selection, that is the observation that I am making.

So, like Walu, I am partly attracted to the ICANN system partly because it tries to be
adequately representative on the global scene, all I am saying is that that good quality seems
to have been missed here.

Now that I have made my point, I need to go do other equally or more pressing things.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda
NIC.MW & .mw ccTLD