[Community-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN 2016 Nominating Committee Announces Selections - unfortunate Africa distribution

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Aug 31 12:26:14 UTC 2016

Paulos

Unless you can prove that the NomCom didn’t pick eligible qualified candidates from the region who applied I don’t understand what you are complaining about.

You should be congratulating the candidates who were selected instead of trying to find issues with the selection.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

On 31/08/2016, 02:48, "Dr Paulos Nyirenda" <paulos at sdnp.org.mw> wrote:

    On 30 Aug 2016 at 15:50, Yaovi Atohoun wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Please read more about the NomCom announcement
    > at https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2016-08-29-en

    I see it as unfortunate that both ICANN board members from the Africa region in this
    ICANN NomCom selection come from North Africa.

    I see it as loss of geographic diversity as well as loss of diversity in community
    representation in this selection and in the resulting ICANN Board representation.

    I do not blame this on North Africa,  the rest of Africa simply needs to push for and
    move forward into occupying such positions and NomCom needs to look out for such
    disparities.

    It is my hope that this unfortunate ICANN Board distribution is not because there were
    no good applicants from the rest of Africa, did the ICANN NomCom fail to attract good
    enough candidates from the rest of Africa?

    Regards,

    Paulos