APNIC Board Elections Outcome: NRS Reform Activists Rejected

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Wed Mar 8 07:55:36 UTC 2023

Members,

I thought that I should share with you the outcome of the recently
concluded APNIC board elections outcome.

The NRS endorsed candidates, that is, Lu Heng and his other affiliates were
seriously rejected by the APNIC resource members and lost. This is the
second time Lu Heng has been rejected after attempting to contest for an EC
position on the APNIC EC which is basically similar to the AFRINIC board.

It's exciting to see AFRINIC resource members exercise their rights to vote
for candidates with great standing to the APNIC EC Council. The candidates
who were successfully elected had no any affiliations with the NRS.

This is a powerful statement and a vote of no confidence in Lu Heng and his
fellow NRS candidates who attempted to stack its associates to another RIR
board in this case APNIC. In fact the new EC

You can read more here FYI
https://www.theregister.com/2023/03/02/apnic_election_results/

We should welcome this news with great optimism that the Internet Numbers
Community is now paying more attention to Lu Heng and the so called NRS
very seriously and their activities are no longer isolated to the AFRINIC
region alone but are spreading across the entire RIR system and we must
reject them vehemently as the Numbers Community. The RIR system has stood
the taste of time in the last 3 decades serving the global internet address
system so well that all these recent attempts to make the system
dysfunctional shall not succeed with more resource members becoming more
and more aware of the threat.

Cheers,
Noah

"A name indicates what we seek. *An address indicates where it is*. A route