[AFRINIC-Announce] Register for the Be a Kind DNS Operator, Be KINDNS! Webinar - 0900 UTC ON 3RD AUGUST 2023

AFRINIC Communication comms at afrinic.net
Tue Jul 25 10:00:09 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

You are invited to register for the “Be a Kind DNS Operator, Be KINDNS!”Webinar of the AFRINIC webinar series.

Date: 3rd August 2023

Time: 9:00 - 10:30UTC

Venue: Online on Zoom Platform.

We are thrilled to extend a special invitation to you for an upcoming two-part webinar on DNS, hosted by AFRINIC in collaboration with ICANN . This first part of the workshop series is specifically designed to introduce the KINDNS initiative to operators running DNS services in the Africa region.

At the end of the session of the webinar, participants will be able to:

	• Self-evaluate their DNS operations and security and receive anonymized assessment reports and recommendations.
	• Learn from the KINDNS practices to improve their DNS operations and security.
	• (Optional) Join and promote the initiative in their place of business for a more secure Internet ecosystem.

The second part of the webinar, will delve into Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) validation, will explore the significance of DNSSEC and demonstrate how Internetusers can safeguard themselves from potential attacks or attackers. Our esteemed panelists will present valuable insights and share their experiences to provide a comprehensive understanding of DNSSEC's importance in ensuring a safer online environment. This will take place on 10th August 2023 starting at 9:00 UTC.

This webinar is tailored for a wide range of professionals in the Africa region, including:

	• Network engineers and system administrators responsible for DNS servers.
	• IT Managers and CTOs/CIOs in ISPs and network operators.
	• Researchers and policy-makers involved in DNS services.
	• IT auditors seeking to enhance DNS security and compliance.

Registration will be required for the two webinars.

Register for this webinar here>>https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/1016899273526/WN_ANQi7bw_TjKoe9QmuEPiKw

To find out more about our webinars, visit the AFRINIC Webinar Series page and register for upcoming sessions (https://afrinic.net/events/webinar-series)

Note: Please share our Webinar Series with your colleagues. Our events are open to the community to support Internet development in the African region.

We look forward to your participation in this exciting webinar series.

Kind Regards,

AFRINIC Communications.