[AFRINIC-Announce] ASO Call for Nominations to 2022 ICANN NomCom
comms at afrinic.net
Thu Apr 7 10:08:35 UTC 2022
07 April 2022
ICANN’s Nominating Committee (NomCom) is responsible for the selection of eight ICANN Board Members, two Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) directors, and other selections as set forth in the ICANN Bylaws.
The 2022 NomCom will fill eight open leadership positions: three members of the ICANN Board of Directors, one member of the Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) Board of Directors, two regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), one member of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council, and one member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council.
The Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is pleased to invite nominations for candidates from the Internet Numbers Community to run for an open seat on the 2022 ICANN NomCom as delegate of the ASO.
The term for the elected delegate will be one year starting in the Annual General Meeting ICANN 75 in Kuala Lumpur in September 2022.
Specific criteria and requirements regarding the NomCom composition and NomCom delegates are outlined in Article 8, Sections 8.2 and 8.4 of the ICANN Bylaws (https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article8).
Criteria for the selection of the delegate to the NomCom include:
• Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and competence with collegial large group decision-making;
• Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN;
• Persons whom the selecting body is confident will consult widely and accept input in carrying out their responsibilities;
• Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal commitments to individuals, organizations, or commercial objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;
• Persons with an understanding of ICANN’s mission and the potential impact of ICANN’s activities on the broader Internet community who are willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses; and
• Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken English.
Time Commitment for the ASO NomCom Representative
All positions require regular participation in virtual meetings via telephone and Zoom. The positions may involve significant international travel when pandemic-related travel restrictions lift. Reasonable and properly documented expenses incurred in the course of service by all selected leaders will be reimbursed.
More information at the ICANN NomCom Webpage
Deadlines and Important Dates
The ASO AC will be responsible for the selection of the delegate based on the following timeline:
• Announcement of call for nominations for 2022 ICANN NomCom: 7 April 2022
• Nomination period ends: 7 May 2022
• Evaluation of nominations by the ASO AC: 8 to 18 May 2022
• Voting period by the ASO AC: 19 to 26 May 2022
• Announcement of selected delegate: around 27 May 2022
Nominations should be sent to secretariat [at] aso [dot] icann [dot] org by 7 May 2022 23:59 UTC, along with answers to the following questions (all questions are mandatory). A CV may also be provided.
1. Have you read the time commitment for NomCom and are you willing to commit the time required to fulfill this role?
2. Have you been part of a Nomination Committee in the past with ICANN or with any other organization?
3. How many ICANN/RIR meetings you have attended in last five years? Which SOs/ACs do you actively follow?
4. Please briefly share why do you would like to join NomCom as the ASO-AC appointee.
[On behalf of the ASO AC]
More information about the Announce