[AFRINIC-Announce] AFRINIC Election 2021 Communique

AFRINIC Communication comms at afrinic.net
Thu May 27 13:36:12 UTC 2021

Dear Members,

*Copy to: All AFRINIC Election candidates*

We have taken note of your concerns in respect of some canvassing being
made around the AFRINIC Board Election 2021.

Whilst we understand that one may resort to canvassing as part of an
election campaign, yet we would like to remind all concerned of the need
to preserve the integrity of AFRINIC's elections and to ensure that all
campaigns are done while respecting the rights of others.

We further find it important to recall that voting at AFRINIC is done by
secret ballots and the same principle applies to online voting.
Consequently, we do not encourage any voter to disclose or share details
of his/her vote to third-parties.

We remain at your disposal for any further information that you may
require and rely on your cooperation for a *fair and free* election 2021.

Yours sincerely,

ECOM & NOMCOM 2021