[AFRINIC-Announce] Call for Presentations AFRINIC-27 is Still Open
comms-announce at afrinic.net
Mon Sep 11 06:18:56 UTC 2017
We invite all individuals wishing to make presentations during AFRINIC-27, which will be held from 27 November to 2 December 2017 to submit abstracts. The meeting website is now up at https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-27/
To enrich the discussions and share knowledge with the technical community at AFRINIC-27, we are seeking presentations of a wide range of issues, broadly related to growth, access and development of Internet in Africa. Please read the event concept note at http://bit.ly/2uylwiv
We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on the following areas:
· The Internet and Economic Development
· Internet Governance
· Business Practices and Technology
· Cyber Security
· Core Internet Infrastructure
· Access, Utility and Development
· Internet Number Resources Management
· Internet Measurements
· Higher Education in the Age of Technology
· Cloud Computing
· Open Data/Big Data
· Technology and Content Production
· Relations between Mobile Operators and the Internet Community
· Mobile Applications
· Peering and Interconnection
Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation during a session, a tutorial, or a live technical demonstration.
Kindly read all information carefully before submitting your proposal.
· Presentations should be 15 -30 minutes in length, with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
· The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
· The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, no later than five (5) days prior to the presentation date.
· Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts if required. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
Presentations with marketing and/or commercial content will not be considered.
How to submit a Presentation Proposal
1. Please register/login on the AFRINIC-27 website at: https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-27/?option=com_afmeeting&view=login
2. Fill in the online form with the requested information.
3. In the Speakers section, provide your abstract, your biography and slides if available and you are done!
Important dates to note
· Deadline for submitting an application - 22 September 2017
· Notification of acceptance of application - 6 October 2017
· Submission of draft presentation - 20 October 2017
· Submission of final presentation - 20 November 2017
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce