[AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC *Members* and *Members Discussion* Lists

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Wed Jun 3 09:48:45 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues

We recently received some complaints from colleagues about the fact that their emails on the *members* and *member-discuss* list were not posted on said lists.

We would like to seize this opportunity to clarify the purpose of these mailing lists:

- *members* mailing list is exclusively used by  AFRINIC Team to communicate with AFRINIC member-organisations' contacts duly registered in My.AFRINIC.

- *members-discuss* mailing list is closed to formal members only. AFRINIC setup the same to provide our members a forum for discussions and exchange on AFRINIC business in general and more particularly on issues specific to members. This is not a Resource Policy discussion mailing list (see https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/admin.cgi/rpd for more information). Contrary to members mailing list, the members-discuss mailing list is a voluntary subscription open to member-organisations' registered contacts in My.AFRINIC.

Therefore any person not registered as a member contact in AFRINIC Database can not subscribe to the list.

For more clarification, please contact us at contact at afrinic.net

AFRINIC Customer Service

Join us for AIS’15 in Tunisia
24 May - 5 June, 2015