[AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC- RIPE Atlas Initiative

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Fri May 8 06:26:43 UTC 2015

Dear Members/Colleagues,

Following our call made November 2014 about the collaborative effort to increase the number of RIPE Atlas probes and anchors in AFRINIC's service region as part of the global effort to build the largest Internet measurement network, it is noted that few members have joined the initiative and applied for hosting probes and anchors.

We thank those who have joined and a special thanks for those keeping the probes online. We remind others that it is important to register, plug and keep online the probes to make them part of the network. For any issue or assistance, please contact the AFRINIC/RIPE Atlas team.

Thousands of probes including yours are connected and collecting  measurement data about the Internet, but many more are needed.

We encourage members to continue applying through the dedicated channel AFRINIC and RIPE NCC have set for them and get their probes directly shipped to them.

At the upcoming AIS meeting in Tunis, AFRINIC and RIPE NCC will conduct two (2) tutorials on "Introduction to RIPE Atlas and RIPESTAT" and "Advanced Features of RIPE Atlas and RIPESTAT" on Monday June,1st at Ramada Plaza Hotel.

To participate, please register at: http://internetsummitafrica.org/en/

AFRINIC/RIPE Team at:

Phone: +230 403 51 00

E-mail: atlas at afrinic.net