[AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC IRR: Still time to sign up for an IRR Bootcamp

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Tue Oct 14 06:29:49 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

If you haven't already participated in one of the AFRINIC Internet Routing Registry (IRR) Bootcamps, please email the team at irr at afrinic.net. Bootcamps will take less than an hour and are designed to equip you with the information needed to create new, accurate entries in the AFRINIC IRR.

During the Bootcamp we'll crosscheck members' objects in the RIPE Database in preparation for populating AFRINIC's IRR to ensure accuracy. The list of objects currently in the RIPE Database is published at: http://www.afrinic.net/en/services/afrinic-irr?start=3

Congratulations go to *Camtel* and *Seacom* for being the first two members to add their objects to the AFRINIC IRR.

Background
Until the launch of AFRINIC's IRR in 2013, members were encouraged to use the RIPE IRR to register their routing objects. We are now calling on all members to populate the AFRINIC IRR with their objects. Please see Creating Route objects at: http://www.afrinic.net/en/services/afrinic-irr/1197-creating-route-object to register your route objects in the AFRINIC IRR or sign up to our Boot Camps so we can help you with the process.

The AFRINIC IRR acts as part of the global IRR system that consists of several other databases where network operators publish their routing policies and announcements in order for other interested network operators to use that data, for ease of interconnecting and working together. Find out more about AFRINIC's IRR, Boot Camps, the benefits of using AFRINIC's IRR and how to create objects, please see: http://afrinic.net/en/services/afrinic-irr

Regards,

The AFRINIC IRR Team