[AFRINIC-announce] Call to populate AFRINIC’s Internet Routing Registry (IRR) with objects

Neriah Sossou neriah at afrinic.net
Mon Sep 8 09:59:05 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Until the launch of AFRINIC's IRR in 2013, members were encouraged to use the RIPE IRR to register their routing objects.  We are now calling on all members to populate the AFRINIC IRR with their objects.
Please visit the page Creating Route object to register your route objects in the AFRINIC IRR.

To facilitate the transition process and ensure smooth manipulation of existing data in RIPE IRR, AFRINIC will offer IRR Boot camps to all interested members.  The Boot camps aim to equip members with the information needed to create new and accurate entries in AFRINIC IRR.
Boot camps will commenced during the week of September 15th, 2014.

Please contact us if you would like to participate in one of our boot camp by sending an email to irr at afrinic.net

A list of AFRINIC's members' route objects registered in the RIPE IRR has been generated to enable you decide what to replicate into AFRINIC IRR.  Members are advised to use this list to crosscheck the objects we were able to identify in preparation for populating them into AFRINIC IRR.  The list is published here.

Please note that no objects already created in RIPE IRR will be replicated by AFRINIC before a member participates in a boot camp.

For more information please visit the AFRINIC IRR web page.  If you have any questions or comments please contact irr at afrinic.net

Best regards,
Neriah Sossou
Head IT & Engineering, AFRINIC Ltd.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w: www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia
See you in Mauritius for AFRINIC-21
November 22 to 28, 2014