[AFRINIC-announce] Successful conclusion of AFRINIC Training in Lagos, Nigeria - 12 to 15 August

AFRINIC Communication comm-announce at afrinic.net
Wed Aug 27 09:21:59 SAST 2014

Dear colleagues,

AFRINIC just concluded a four (4) day training workshop in Lagos, Nigeria. The workshop ran from the 12 to 15 August 2014 at the Golfview Hotel & Resorts, Ikeja - Lagos

The workshop was attended by over 30 network engineers from the telecommunications and Internet service organisations as well as  government agencies and universities.

Some of the highlights of the workshop are as follows:

+ Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.

+ IPv6 subnetting and address planning

+ IPv6 routing (OSPFv3 and BGP)

+ IPv6 Transition Mechanisms (Dual Stack, Manual Tunneling, 6rd, 6PE and NAT64)

+ Hands-on lab exercises (host configuration, routing and transition techniques)

+ Interactive discussions on Why NAT is not a sustainable solution to IPv6 Exhaustion, What is holding some providers from fully deploying IPv6 and ways in which network engineers could make the case for IPv6 to their managers.

We wish to extend our appreciation to the team at the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) for hosting this workshop and making it a success.

Warm Regards.

AFRINIC Training Squad

AFRINIC TRAINING TEAM
http://learn.afrinic.net                          		       |      Twitter: @AFRINICtraining
See you in Mauritius for AFRINIC-21 November 22 to 28, 2014
http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-21/en/