[AFRINIC-announce] AFRINIC is holding its AGMM on 06 June 2014

Adiel A. Akplogan ceo at afrinic.net
Fri May 23 16:33:38 SAST 2014

Dear colleagues,

We are writing to inform you that there will be an Annual General Members’ Meeting (AGMM) on 06 June 2014 at the Kempinski Hotel (Plenary Room) in Djibouti. This will be at the end of AFRINIC-20 and the Africa Internet Summit meeting scheduled for 02nd to 06th June 2014.

The purpose of this email is in three folds. First, we would like to invite you all to this AGMM during which matters related to AFRINIC business will be discussed. An individual Notice and invitation have been sent to all registered contacts of our Members. The Draft Agenda (include in the notice) covers the following points:

1. Board activity update;
2. 2013 Audited Financials Report;
3. 2014 Budget and execution status;
4. Proposed Review of AFRINIC Bylaws;
5. Special Resolutions proposed by Members;
6. Election for seat 3, 4 and 8 of the Board;
7. General Q&A

You can read more about the AGMM and related documents at http://www.afrinic.net/en/about-us/agmm

We welcome your active participation and contribution to this AGMM. We have dedicated a full afternoon to the AGMM and the detailed agenda is designed carefully to fit into this time slot. Measures are taken to allow remote participation to the AGMM. For that, you are requested to register online (via MyAFRINIC) to receive the remote participation details. You can also appoint a proxy via the same MyAFRINIC interface at: https://my.afrinic.net/elections/ (accessible to members only)

Secondly, we would like to request you to familiarise yourself with our Board election procedure, particularly the e-voting process. Information about elections are published for your reference at:

http://www.afrinic.net/en/community/elections

To ensure receiving all communications related to the AGMM and your membership status, we encourage you to always keep your contact details in MyAFRINIC up-to-date. To do so, login to MyAFRINIC and go to the “My Contact Info” section (https://my.afrinic.net/account/myinfo/ - accessible to members only).

Lastly, we would like to use this opportunity to invite you to the overall African Internet Summit, which include as well AFRINIC-20 meeting, where you will have the opportunity to discuss issues relating to our activities, Internet number resource management policies, transition from IPv4 to IPv6, Cybersecurity, among other topics. You will also have the opportunity to interact with delegates from different parts of the continent and the world. More information about AIS is available at:  https://internetsummitafrica.org/

Thank you all for your continuous support and look forward to your participation and contributions at the AGMM.

If you are a registered contact of an AFRINIC member and you have not received your notification within the coming 24H, or you need further information related to the AGMM please contact us at agmm-query at afrinic.net

Thank you and looking forward meeting you in Djibouti.

Adiel AKPLOGAN
CEO, AFRINIC