[AFRINIC-announce] Result of 2013 AFRINIC's Board elections

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Fri Jun 21 23:59:45 SAST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I'm pleased to inform you that as result of the 2013 Board elections, Haitham Z. El Nakhal (Egypt), Sunday Folayan (Nigeria), and Aminata A. Garba (Niger) have been elected to represent the Northern, Western and Non-Regional/Geographical regions respectively on the AFRINIC Board.

The elections were held during the AFRINC General Members’ Meeting held in Lusaka, Zambia on this Friday 21 June 2013. For the first time, besides onsite voting, members had an opportunity to vote online.

The new Board members will serve a term of three years. The term will come to an end on the date of the Annual General Members’ Meeting held on or around the third anniversary of the date of election.

The following candidate stood for the Northern, Western and "Non-Regional" seats of the AFRINIC Board:

Northern Region:
Hago Dafalla   (Sudan)
Haitham Z. El Nakhal   (Egypt) [**Elected**]
Guellouz Ridha   (Tunisia)
Khaled Koubaa   (Tunisia)
Mamine Mohamed L   (Mauritania)

Western Region:
Dr Alioune B. Traore   (Mali)
Sunday Folayan   (Nigeria) [**Elected**]

Non-Regional/Geographical:
Aminata A. Garba   (Niger) [**Elected**]
Andrew Alston   (South Africa)
Yaovi Atohoun   (Benin)

I take this opportunity on behalf of the African Internet Technical community, AFRINC members, the AFRINC Board and the Staff to congratulate the newly elected Board members.

We also thank the NomCom for its outstanding job in conducting this election process very professionally.

Kind Regards.