[AfriNIC-announce] Call for volunteers to serve on AfriNIC 2011
Nomination & Election Committee
Adiel A. Akplogan
adiel at afrinic.net
Thu Mar 17 10:57:25 SAST 2011
[*** Apologies for duplicate e-mails due to cross-posting ***]
This year, AfriNIC will run several Elections and according to our usual
process, these elections must be supervised by a Nomination & Election
committee appointed by the board. The committee should be composed as
o 1 or 2 Members appointed by the board (from a non-open seat)
o 2 or 3 Volunteers appointed from the community (from a different
sub-regions than the opened Board seat's).
To fill these positions, AfriNIC is seeking three volunteers to serve
as members of the 2011 Nomination and Election committee.
The NomCom membership is a voluntary position whose responsibilities
* Conduct, moderate and coordinate the elections procedures and processes
for all the elections planned in 2011: Board, Policy WG Chairs and ASO-AC.
* Calling for Nominations for the elections
* Evaluate the Candidates
* Propose the final list of nominees before the elections
* Collect and evaluate comments received from the community on the nominees
* Supervise the counting of the votes
* Announce the final results of the votes
The Nomination Committee members will choose a Chair among themselves who
will be the focal point between them (the committee), the AfriNIC community
and the Bard where needed. AfriNIC staff will be made available to support
the Nomination Committee in their work (compiling of nominations, compiling
of comments, mailing list, web site update for elections, communication with
The Nomcom volunteers are expected to be:
* Neutral - Have no interest in the results of the elections -
* Not intend to for any open seat.
* A trusted member of the AfriNIC community.
* Willing to serve as a member in the Nomination committee and do their best to
fulfill their responsibilities.
If you are interested in serving in this position, please send an expression of
interest, including a short biography by email to: members-contact at afrinic.net.
The nomination deadline is Wednesday, 23 March 2011 at 1800 UTC.
For more information about AfriNIC please visit http://www.afrinic.net/about.htm
or contact us at contact at afrinic.net.
Adiel A. Akplogan Tel. +230 403 5100
Chief Executive Officer, AfriNIC Fax: +230 466 6758
adiel at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net sip: adiel at voip.afrinic.net
More information about the announce