[AfriNIC-announce] Call for Local Hosts - 2011 Training Workshop

Mukom Akong T tamon at afrinic.net
Fri Feb 18 09:34:12 SAST 2011

[With apologies for cross-posting]

Dear colleagues,

In 2010, AfriNIC organised eleven (11) training workshops during which
more than 300 network engineers were trained mostly in planning and
configuring IPv6 technology. This was accomplished with the assistance
of several in-country local hosts and sponsors. We are looking forward
to doing more workshops this year, and as such, we would like to solicit
for support of interested parties who will collaborate with AfriNIC as
local hosts  for training workshops in the following countries:

Malawi, Swaziland, Zimbabwe
Seychelles,  Djibouti, Angola
Ghana, Mali, Togo
Tanzania (AfriNIC-14), Kenya, Zambia
Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon
Central African Republic, Niger
Algeria, Morocco, Mozambique

As local host, your responsibilities shall be as follows:

1. Publicise the event within your country.
2. Secure a suitable venue for the workshop and arrange catering for the
participants.
3. Assist with getting visas for the AfriNIC trainers.
4. Provide Internet connectivity as well as other on-site logistics at
the training venue.

All our workshops are non-commercial and FREE of charge to all eligible
participants (maximum of 36) with priority given to AfriNIC member
organisations.

If you are interested in being a local host, please send an email to
tamon [at] afrinic [dot] net with the following information:

Subject: Proposal to Host AfriNIC Training Workshop in <country_name>

a. Organisation's name:
b. Organisation's physical address:
c. Name  and contact details (email and phone number) of main contact
person within the organisation who will be responsible for the event.

Warm regards.