[AfriNIC-announce] Wrapping up 2010 - Happy Festive season and Best Wishes for 2011

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Sat Dec 25 11:09:04 SAST 2010

Dear colleagues and members,

As 2010 is coming to an end, I would like to thank you all for your
support throughout the year. This year has been another successful one
for us in term of growth and presence in the region.

We have registered 131 new members in 2010, 54 new IPv6 allocations
and allocated more than 8 million IPv4 addresses. The member services
has handled 2077 new tickets. AfriNIC was present and participated to
more than 30 events around the world and runs 11 trainings in 9
different countries in Africa.

Our two public policy meetings, AfriNIC-12 and AfriNIC-13 respectively
in Kigali (Rwanda) and Johannesburg (South Africa) have been a success
with the celebration in Kigali of our 5th years of Operation and the
highest attendance reached in Johannesburg.

All this will have not been possible without the work of our dedicated
team, including the 9 new staff who join us throughout the year and have
also greatly contributed to our achievements.

2011 is coming with its own challenges and excitement and we are all
getting ready for it. In the mean time let me seize this opportunity
to wish you a very happy festive season and all our best wishes for
2011. [http://www.afrinic.net/festive/af_gen_2011_ecrd.htm]

Warm regards.

Adiel A. Akplogan                                  Tel. +230 403 51 00
Chief Executive Officer, AfriNIC                   Fax: +230 466 67 58
www.afrinic.net                                    adiel at afrinic.net