[AfriNIC-announce] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshops in Nigeria

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Tue Oct 12 13:53:23 SAST 2010

Dear all,

AfriNIC just concluded two training workshops in Nigeria (Lagos and
Abuja) starting from 26th September and ending on 6th October 2010.
During these workshops, more than fifty (50) network engineers learnt
the following amongst other things:

- Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.
- The need for a new Internet protocol (IPv6) and limitations of NAT as
a sustainable solution to IPv6 address exhausion.
- How to configure Windows and Linux clients to use IPv6
- How to build routed IPv6 networks.
- IPv6 transition techniques

We wish to extend our appreciation to the Internet Exchange Point of
Nigeria (IXPN) as well as the ICT Forum for partnering with us to make
these workshops a reality:

Warm regards.