[AfriNIC-announce] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training Workshops in Gambia, Sierra Leone and Liberia

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Wed Jul 7 11:21:44 SAST 2010

Dear all,

AfriNIC just concluded a series of training workshops in Gambia, Sierra
Leone and Liberia in June 2010. During these workshops, more than eighty
(80) network engineers learnt the following amongst other things:

- The policy development process, why it is important and how to take
part in it.
- The need for a new Internet protocol (IPv6).
- How to configure Windows and Linux clients to use IPv6
- How to build routed IPv6 networks.

We wish to extend our appreciation to the following organisations for
partnering with us to make these workshops a reality:

1. The Public Utilities Regulatory Agency (PURA) for the workshop
Serrekunda - The Gambia.

2. AfCOM Sierra Leone and the Sierra Leone Chapter of ISOC for the
workshop in Freetown - Sierra Leone.

3. The Liberian Chapter of ISOC for the workshop in Monrovia - Liberia.

In Sierra Leone we collaborated with ISOC on  to run both the IPv6
workshops and IXP training that culminated in the setting up and launch
of the Sierra Leone Internet Exchange on the 25th of June 2010.

Warm regards.