[AfriNIC-announce] Invitation to AfriNIC-12 / AfNOG-11 - Kigali - Rwanda

Stephanie Moorghen-Bernon stephanie at afrinic.net
Thu Mar 18 15:40:09 SAST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

We request your presence to join in the celebration of AfriNIC's 5th Year Anniversary of Operations. The celebration will take place during the AfriNIC-12
Public Policy Meeting which will be held in Rwanda, Kigali, June 2-3 2010 at the Kigali Serena Hotel. This meeting is back-to-back with AfNOG-11, AfREN meeting,
and African-Asian Forum. The entire event is scheduled for 23 May to 3 June 2010. PLease find below the schedule:

Unix Boot Camp : 23 May 2010 (KIST University)
AfNOG Workshop : 24-28 May 2010 (KIST University)
AfriNIC IPv6 Workshop : 29-30 May 2010 (KIST University)
AfREN Meeting/ AAF : 29-30 May 2010 (KIST University)
AfNOG Tutorials : 30-31 May 2010 (KIST University)
AfriNIC LIR Training : 30-31 May 2010 (KIST University)
AfNOG-11 Meeting : 1 June 2010 (Kigali Serena Hotel)
AfriNIC-12 Public Policy Meeting : 2-3 June 2010 (Kigali Serena Hotel)

This event is being hosted by Rwanda Information and Communication Technology Association (RICTA) and the /RDBIT.

During the two-day event, we will hear from others who contributed to the formation of AfriNIC, discuss progress made with IPv6 and hear success stories,
implementation of RPKI, Internet Governance issues, hold policy discussions, have board elections, hear from other Internet governing bodies such as
ICANN/IANA and ISOC, and workshops on Cyber Security. We will also have a dinner on 2 June 2010 to celebrate the 5th Year Anniversary.

Proposals are still being accepted for presentations during the AfriNIC meeting and can be submitted to meeting at afrinic.net

We wish to take this opportunity to thank the community for the support and confidence in AfriNIC and we look forward to more successful years of serving
you and collaborating with you on Internet development issues in the African Region.

Registration is now open and you are welcome to register as from today at https://meeting.afrinic.net/meeting/afrinic-12/

Best Regards,

Stephanie Moorghen-Bernon
Events Coordinator & Membership Liaison Officer
AfriNIC
Tel: +230 466 6616
www.afrinic.net