[AfriNIC-announce] Fellowships to attend AfriNIC-10 Cairo, Egypt
Lillian O. Sharpley
lillian at afrinic.net
Thu Feb 26 14:53:17 SAST 2009
Please be advised that AfriNIC is offering several fellowships to attend AfriNIC-10
which will take place 10-22 May, 2009, Cairo, Egypt (back-to-back with AfNOG-10).
The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organizations,
universities, and journalists who are activity involved in Internet development in the
African Region or ICT Policy in their countries and respective communities, who can
positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AfriNIC
region of service.
Upon selection of the fellows, AfriNIC will notify the selected fellows directly and
allow the fellow 7 days to reply with an acceptance of the fellowship. Public
announcement of the fellowship winners will be made after the acceptance by the winners.
The fellowship includes: assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue, hotel
accommodates for the AfriNIC event, from the night before the beginning of the event to
the last day of the event.
If you think you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application form at
Or, reply to the questions below in a separate email along with your personal detail
information to fellowship at afrinic.net before (15 March 2009).
* Name of Participant:
* Name of Organisation:
* Is your organization an LIR?:
* Your position in the Organisation:
* Physical Address:
* Passport Number:
* Country and City of residence:
* Cost of ticket from your residence city to Egypt:
* How much are you willing to contribute towards the fellowship?
** Your answers to the questions bellow will determine you eligibility to the fellowship
1. Which Internet related meetings (inc. AfriNIC meetings) have you attended in the
past? Please give details of events and dates.
2. What has been or is your contribution in your Country/Africa in relation to the
ICT field? Please give details of events and dates.
3. How are you planning to share with your community what you will learn from the
4. What has been your contribution to discussions within the AfriNIC community?
Other requirements from the fellows:
* To attend and participate in events as outlined in the agenda and complete a
survey of the meeting events;
* To provide a meeting/attendance report within 15 days after the last day of the
* To provide a follow-up report to AfriNIC within four (3) months after the meeting
on how he/she is contributing to the community as a result of the AfriNIC participation
and how the meeting has benefited the fellow; and,
* Ensuring requirements for entry into Egypt are met at least three weeks prior to
the first date of the event, such as, obtaining passport and visa.
Please direct questions to fellowship at afrinic.net.
Communications Area Manager
More information about the announce