[AfriNIC-announce] 2007 AfriNIC Board election

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Thu May 17 17:51:28 SAST 2007

Dear Colleagues and Members,

On behalf of the 2007 Election committee, we would like to thank
all the candidates that stood for the election for seat 1
(Western Africa region) and seat 2 (northern Africa region)
of the AfriNIC Board of Directors. We had eight nominations
in total (5 for seat one and 3 for seat two).

At the end of the election during the AGM held on May 3rd
2007, we are pleased to announce that:

1) Pierre Dandjinou (Benin) and Sunday Folayan (Nigeria) were
    elected respectively as Primary and Alternate Director for
    the Western Africa region.

And

2) Rachida Jouhari (Morocco) and Mokthar Hamidi (Algeria) were
    elected respectively as Primary and Alternate Directors for the
    Northern Africa region.

Congratulations to the newly elected Board Members and we wish them
success in their new position.

http://www.afrinic.net/bot/new-board-members.htm

Regards.

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN                                   Tel. +230 466 66 16
Chief Executive Officer, AfriNIC                    Fax: +230 466 67 58
adiel at afrinic.net                                   www.afrinic.net