[afrinic-announce] Renaming of some afrinic.netmailing lists.

Mark J Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Wed Jan 17 13:14:49 SAST 2007

OK - but seeing short names like 'afrinic-rpd' will not convey too much
meaning.

Why not have the four mailing lists named...

afrinic-announce
afrinic-res-pol
afrinic-service
afrinic-spam

The word 'discuss' should not be needed - the purposes of mailing lists
*is* to discuss things. If it should only be for announcements - then
that list will probably be "read-only" anyway.

Bit of a shame that this topic has raised so much chatter - whilst
postings about "how to best allocate IPv6" (kind of a good example of
why the lists are there in the first place) gets so little traffic.

Saul Stein wrote:
> I Agree, when one is subscribed to many lists, it can get quite confusing,
> most lists do prefix. So,  as mentioned, it needs the Afrinic  prefix!
>
> Saul

>>> afrinic-resource-policy-discuss
>>> afrinic-service

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, SCO ACE, Cisco CCIE