[afrinic-discuss] IGF MAG Update

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Wed Jun 28 15:27:22 SAST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

The IGF Meeting Advisory Group has been working since about a month
on the organisation of the upcoming IGF meeting in Athens. Some of
the outcomes are now available.

The overall theme of he meeting will be "Internet Governance for
Development" with four main issues to be developed: Openness, Security,
Diversity and Access. The details about the structure of the event
and the program outline are available at:

http://www.intgovforum.org/athens_outline.htm

and

http://www.intgovforum.org/table.htm

The Secretariat has now lunched the call for the workshops proposals
which can be found at http://www.intgovforum.org/athens_outline.htm.

This meeting is an opportunity for us (specially in our region) to get
more information and discuss openly on relevant Internet Governance
issues. Our preparation and active participation to IGF will certainly
contribute to enhance our global participation to many aspect of
Internet Management debate.

Kind regards.

Adiel A.Akplogan
CEO AfriNIC