[afrinic-discuss] Africa 's Internet Community to gather inNairobi in May

Nii Quaynor quaynor at ghana.com
Tue Mar 7 12:47:52 SAST 2006

> Dear Barry and all,
>
> First, let me admit that there is a competition on the 18th between the
ISOC INET Africa Day and the African Internet Forum and we are interested in
resolving this on a mutal basis so that we dont do disservice to our
community. However the fact remains that both events were not announced
until now. If we knew about the ISOC INET Africa day we would not have
scheduled a meeting to coincide with it.

what competition?

please, you did not ask the organizers of afnog and you proceeded to
announce afnog events creating unnecessary conflicts. how did you expect to
have known about the ISOC event? you knew about afnog but did not talk to it
yet leveraged it poorly!

just be honest, apologize and cooperate like engineers do. no games allowed
here.

nii