[afrinic-discuss] Africa 's Internet Community to gather in Nairobi in May

Eric Osiakwan eric at afrispa.org
Tue Mar 7 10:49:01 SAST 2006

Dear Barry and all,

First, let me admit that there is a competition on the 18th between the ISOC INET Africa Day and the African Internet Forum and we are interested in resolving this on a mutal basis so that we dont do disservice to our community. However the fact remains that both events were not announced until now. If we knew about the ISOC INET Africa day we would not have scheduled a meeting to coincide with it.

Finally, i think it helps our community if we desist from accusations and the labelling of who is relevant or irrelevant because this task of liberating our continent CANNOT be done by one person or instituion. We need rather to unit our forces and be strategic as regional institutions with the resolve to co-operate and co-ordinate.

Eric here

From: "Barry Greene \(bgreene\)" <bgreene at cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:52:23 -0800

--