[afrinic-discuss] Re: Afrinic and the reverse delegation

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Apr 12 10:31:53 SAST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:24:38AM +0300,
 McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 48 lines which said:

> Well there is a "locked" mntner on the inetnum, so contact
> hostmaster at afrinic to get this sorted.

No, no it is not my object, so it is a good thing it is locked.

> Ernest was correct, the reverse delegation process looks at the
> mntner on the inetnum, and if no mnt-domains, it then reverts to the
> mnt-lower.  In the abscence of mnt-lower, it looks @ mnt-by of
> inetnum.

This is false. I was able to create the domain object despite the fact
that I was anonymous. (I put my email address in the changed field,
otherwise, you would not know it is me.)

> Dig says "non-existent domain":

Yes, as in RIPE two years ago, creation of the in-addr.arpa domain
object and actual delegation seems separated.

> 5. resend the domain object (this time with a mnt-by) and:

Do you mean the actual delegation will take place, if I pass
authentication? I seriously doubt it, it is not documented and I
received no error message (and the domain was created).