[afrinic-discuss] RADB doesnt include Afrinic DB

Timothy Lowe timothy at ripe.net
Wed Mar 23 11:28:26 SAST 2005

Hello Adiel and everyone,

> Exact after investigation RADB only mirror RR data(not WHOIS),
> a service which AfriNIC do not provide at this time. AfriNIC
> members could use RIPE NCC as Routing Registry. For more
> information about how to proceed please contact our IP analyst
> team at hostmaster at afrinic.net.

Indeed and this is why those objects containing routing
information AS were copied not moved to the AfriNIC whois
database. In this way the RIPE whois database routing
registry information (we have one database for whois and
routing registry info not two seperate ones like ARIN) can act as
AfriNIC's routing registry until such time as AfriNIC have
their own routing registry function.

Route objects for non RIPE IP space can be created using
authentication password "RPSL" for the RIPE-NCC-RPSL-MNT
mnt-routes maintainer.

--
Best Regards

Timothy Lowe