[afrinic-discuss] Re: AfriNIC goes live!

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at shorty.com
Wed Feb 23 23:31:28 SAST 2005

Adiel A. AKPLOGAN writes:

> The idea looks great, but I think a Press release will
> have a greater impact in April wen ICANN will give us
> the final recognition!
>
> We are still in PHASE II :) and there is one last phase
> which is PHASE III where we will be running without the
> second opinion. And this is schedule for less than two
> months.

True, but if you issue press releases as you successfully enter and complete
phases, you stand a better chance of getting the media's attention. When
you send out the big release, reporters know what's been going on and why
it's such a big deal.

Of course, I'm not a PR person by trade, so your mileage may vary..

Robbie