[AISPC] Draft agenda

Ashil Oogarah ashil at afrinic.net
Mon May 8 07:25:14 UTC 2017

Dear Seun,

1. The IPv6 presentation have been marked cancelled as these were sent to the list by mistake, they were actually proposals from AFRINIC-25.
2. These presentations should  have the rejecting status instead. Apologies there was a slip, I have amended the Rejected proposal to Rejecting.(POWER AFTER IANA WHO/WHAT CONTROLS THE GLOBAL INTERNET NOW?)

The above is an initial draft program made based on proposals / comments received. PC should comment and highlight if they think that one or more presentations included in the initial draft schedule should make it to the program.

For the workshop proposal on LTE I think it is within the parameters of the PC to also accept or reject such proposals. We shall then forward the request to the organisers to have a room booked for such tutorials.

In this regard I fully support the idea that we should have a PC meeting at AIS’17 to discuss about the parameters of the PC, other issues and the way forward.

I will update our schedule on http://cfp.internetsummitafrica.org/ to include all the AIS tutorials soon so that we all have a better overview of the program.

Right now all the AIS workshops that have been scheduled can be seen on the draft program at: https://www.internetsummitafrica.org/agenda

Please send your comments on the initial proposals by EoB today Monday 8 May so that we can inform the presenters about the outcome of the selection process by Tuesday and proceed with finalising the program.

Thanks all for your collaboration.

Ashil

Ashil Oogarah
Communications Team Lead
AFRINIC Ltd.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w:
www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia

Join us for the Africa Internet Summit, 21 May to 02 June 2017