[AISPC] Program Committee - AIS'15

Ashil ashil at afrinic.net
Tue Feb 24 12:50:49 UTC 2015

Dear AIS’15 Program Committee (PC),

Welcome back to another AIS season. AIS’15 will be held in Tunisia from 24 May to 5 June 2015.

Let me take this opportunity to thank you all for your participation and valuable inputs in the AIS’14 Program last year in Djibouti.

For this year the theme of AIS'15 remains ''Beyond connection: Internetworking for African Development”.

The topics for this year’s meeting include:

• Internet Governance
• E-governance
• Core Internet infrastructure
• Access, utility and development
• The Internet and economic development
• Business practices and technology
• Higher education in the age of technology
• Cyber Security
• Technology and business
• Cloud computing
• Open data/big data
• Technology and content production
• Relations between mobile operators and the Internet community
• Mobile applications
• IPv6
• Peering and interconnection
• DNS
• RPKI
• IXPs

FYI, the AIS’15 Call for presentations is opening today 24 February 2015.

In this regard please note the important dates below.

• Deadline for submitting an application –    24 March 2015
• Notification of acceptance of application – 31 March 2015
• Final submission of draft presentation  –  30 April 2015
• Submission of  final presentation - 24 May 2015

Again I look forward to working with you all on the AIS’15 Program.

Please confirm your participation on the committee by Friday 27 February 2015.

Thank you,

Ashil

Ashil Oogarah
Technical Communications Writer/Editor,
AFRINIC Ltd.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 6758 | tt: @afrinic | w:
www.afrinic.net
facebook.com/afrinic | flickr.com/afrinic | youtube.com/afrinicmedia

Join us for AIS’15 in Tunisia
24 May - 5 June, 2015