[AISPC] The Africa Internet Summit 2014 - Call for Papers.

Noah Maina mainanoa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 17:51:17 SAST 2014

Hi PC,

I have had difficulties reviewing this papers. See my comments inline.

> *PRESENTATION 07*

*Doc  attached.*

I am not sure how he author intends to present his case.

> *PRESENTATION 08*
>

> http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/bit-coin-inside.pdf

I would kick BITCO paper08 OUT COMPLETELY unless if we are now allowing
folks to run advertisements of their solutions/solutions instead of
presenting issues.

> *PRESENTATION 09*
>
> *http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/jan_douglas-bcop-djibouti.pdf
> <http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/jan_douglas-bcop-djibouti.pdf>*

This presentation is SOLID 100%.

> *PRESENTATION 10*
>

> Doc attached

Can the author share the paper in presentation format depicting their
study. This is hard to evaluate but looks like an interesting topic for the
High Educ Folks.

> *PRESENTATION 11*
>

> http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/towards_an_effective_information_and_communications_technology_law.pdf
>

> http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/towards_an_effective_information_and_communications_technology_law_2.pdf

Can we get the author to send the full paper than just a mere summary.
Comment is what matters. We cant evaluate summaries/agenda!

> *PRESENTATION 12*
>

> http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/e-transaction.pdf

The topic is very critical. But the paper is extreamly shallow with the
authors personal profile and a summary of what they intend to talk about.
We need a complete paper with content.

> *PRESENTATION 13*
>

> Abstract only
>

> *PRESENTATION 14*
>

> http://meeting.afrinic.net/registration/sites/meeting.afrinic.net.registration/files/webform/cfp_upload_af19/ewerdima_abstract.pdf
>

> *PRESENTATION 15*
>

> Doc attached
>

> *PRESENTATION 16*
>

> Abstract only

13 , 14, 15, 16 all need ppt papers expanding their cases. The abstracts
sound interesting but where are the ppt papers. What is share is not
presentations but only abstracts in a single page.

NOTE:  Please request all the relevant authors with the exception of the
ISOC BCOP paper, to send similar papers with content that backup the
abstracts they have shared.

NOTE: We want to make sure the papers that will stand a chance of being
projected are professional and with relevant topics which are inline with
the CFP's we sent out.

Cheers,

Noah